We are an English speaking organisation and as such can only offer email support in English. This section should help you with any problems you may have signing-up, logging-in or uploading entries. If you have read this section and are still unable to solve your problem please contact us in English on email@example.com and we will endeavour to answer your query.
I haven't received my sign-up validation email.
- Check your junk mail (spam) folder in your email program. The email may have been inadvertently reported as spam.
- You may have entered your email address incorrectly when signing up - try to sign-up again making sure you are typing in the correct email address - you must choose a different username.
My sign-up validation code has expired.
If you are clicking on the link in your confirmation email and navigating to a page which says your validation code has expired you need to sign-up again. You can use the same email address and username that you signed-up with originally.
I am having trouble logging in.
- You may have entered your email address incorrectly - please try logging-in again and typing in your email address carefully.
- If you have forgotten your password go to www.shootnations.org/users/forgotten_password and type in your email address. If you are a registered user your password reminder will be sent to the email address you signed-up with. If you don't receive an email please check your junk folder. If you still do not have an email you are not a registered user and need to Sign-up.
- Try quitting your web browser and re-opening shootnations.org.
Clear your cache (this is your computer's temporary internet memory and may be remembering the wrong information). To clear your cache:
Internet Explorer - go to the Tools menu and choose Options.
Firefox - go to the Tools menu and choose Clear Private Data.
- You may not have completed your registration process - you need to click on the link in the sign-up validation email in order to complete your registration. If you haven't received a sign-up validation email see above.
I am having trouble uploading my entries.
- Try quitting your web browser and re-opening shootnations.org
- Check you are connected to the internet.
- If you are still having problems, try another Browser - Firefox is a good alternative on PC or Mac.
Please check the following:
- The file you are uploading is a JPEG - appended with the file extension .jpg.
- The file you are uploading is under 7MB in size
- The file you are uploading is not corrupted - open the photo in an image program such as Photoshop. If the file is corrupted it will not open correctly and you will not be able to upload it.
I have uploaded the wrong photo/drawing.
Please login to your profile again and upload a new photo for that clue, this will replace the photo you have currently uploaded.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the competition age limit?
You must be aged 11 - 25 in order to enter the competition. You must be within these age limits on the date that you enter the competition.
When is the competition deadline?
The competition closes on Wed 28 July. All entries must be uploaded to the website by 6pm GMT time on this day. To see the equivalent time in your country visit the website below:
How can I enter if I don't have a camera?
We accept drawings as entries if you do not have access to a camera. You can submit these by post to Plan UK or to one of Plan's regional offices. See the bottom of the INFO page.
PLEASE MARK ALL ENTRIES FOR ATTENTION OF UKNO, titled SHOOT NATIONS.
Download this form to submit with your entry by post. Make sure you enclose your name, city, country, address, telephone number and email address (if you have one).
Can I upload drawings and photos?
Yes, you can upload photographs or drawings.
Your submissions can be sent by post or scanned and uploaded (preferable).
Can I upload entries on behalf of someone else?
Ideally the photographer/artist should sign-up on the website and upload their own entries.
Can I submit my entries by email?
No. You cannot submit entries by email - you must sign-up on the website and upload your entries. In extreme circumstances we will accept entries by email.
Can I enter more than once?
No - you can only enter Shoot Nations once. You can upload one entry for each of the 3 briefs.
When will the winners of Shoot Nations be announced?
The winners will be announced on 12th August, International Youth Day.
What can I win?
Please visit the Prizes section of the website to see what you can win.
Who judges the entries?
The winners will be chosen by representatives from Plan UK and Shoot Experience as well as members of the UK press and prominent photographic organisations. The judges names will be published on the website as soon as they are confirmed.
Will my entries be exhibited?
We aim to exhibit a wide range of varying entries from all over the world in order to be as inclusive as possible and by entering the competition you will have a chance of being exhibited.
Which entries are being exhibited?
You will be able to see the exhibited entries in the on-line photo gallery once they have been chosen. This will show all entries being exhibited at all exhibitions around the world happening at that time.
Will my entries be credited on the website and at exhibitions?
Yes. In the on-line photo gallery the username of each photographer/artist appears in the large view of their entry, in the left-hand text column. At exhibitions each entry has a credit providing the first name of the photographer/artist, their age, country of residence and the brief the entry relates to.
Which entries have been chosen for the light-box?
Once the entries for the light-box have been chosen they will be displayed in the on-line photo gallery.
Will there be a Shoot Nations competition next year?
Yes. Shoot Nations is a yearly competition. Keep up to date by joining the mailing list
What is International Youth Day?
For full details of the United Nations International Youth Day please visit
Who are Plan International?
For information on Plan International please see
Who are Shoot Experience?
For information on Shoot Experience please see
What is Shoot Bank?
Shoot Bank is an on-line photo library selling royalty free photos from Shoot Experience events and competitions, including Shoot Nations. When signing up to Shoot Nations you will be given the option to allow your photos to be sold through shootbank.co.uk. You keep the copyright and Shoot Experience will sell the photos on your behalf, splitting the profits with you 50/50.